AUDIENCE 3: The Guilt-Frozen Caregiver's Fibro Patient
Who They Are
Mothers with young children. Sandwich generation caring for aging parents. People whose fibro impacts their ability to "show up" for others. The pain is secondary to the shame of disappointing people they love.
Why They Freeze
- Money guilt: "That $150 could go to my kid's soccer fees"
- Time guilt: "What if this takes time away from my family?"
- Worthiness paralysis: "I should just push through. Other people have it worse."
- Fear of hope: "What if I tell my family I'm trying this, and it doesn't work? They'll think I'm being dramatic."
- Performance anxiety: "What if I spend money/time on this and I'm still not the mom/daughter/partner I should be?"
Psychological Markers
- Browsing only during "stolen" time: 11pm-1am, or during kids' naps
- Cart abandonment right after thinking "I should ask my husband" (doesn't ask)
- Bookmarking instead of buying: "I'll come back when I have permission to spend on myself" (never does)
- Comparing cost to family needs: "$200 = 2 weeks of groceries"
- Reading testimonials from other mothers, crying, closing tab
Emotional Arc
- Desperate hope: "Maybe this is how I become present again"
- Fantasy planning: Imagining playing with kids without pain
- Permission seeking: Looking for external validation to invest in self
- Guilt cascade: "Who am I to spend money on myself?"
- Martyr narrative: "I'll just deal with it. That's what mothers do."
- Resentment: Closes laptop. Feels bitter. Pain continues.
Language Cues
- "I really should focus on getting healthy for my kids"
- "Is this selfish? I feel like I should just tough it out"
- "I don't know if now is the right time financially"
- "My family needs me to be better, but I can't spend money on myself right now"
- "What if this doesn't work and I wasted money we needed?"
- "I'm just so tired of being the broken one"
The Offer That Cuts Through
"The 20-Minute Fibro Protocol: For Parents Who Don't Have Time to Be Sick"
Positioning strategy:
- Reframe self-care as family investment: "Your pain is costing your family YOU. This is the most generous thing you can do."
- Time-collapse messaging: "20 minutes, 3x/week. That's one episode of Bluey."
- Payment plan with family language: "Costs less than weekly takeout. Pays back in presence."
- Guilt-diffusion: "You didn't cause this. You don't deserve to suffer. Your family wants YOU back, not the version pushing through."
- Testimonials from other mothers: Specifically showing "I can play with my kids again"
- Partner-forward positioning: "Show this to your spouse. They want you to do this."

No comments:
Post a Comment