Monday, 23 March 2026

 

AUDIENCE 2: The Veteran Patient Who's "Tried Everything"

Who They Are

5-15 years into diagnosis. Have legitimately tried 30+ interventions. Cynical but still searching (because the pain hasn't stopped). Burned by miracle cures. Skeptical of testimonials. But still clicking.




Why They Freeze

  • Pattern recognition from past failures: "This sounds just like that thing from 2019 that didn't work"
  • Sunk cost fatigue: They've spent $8,000+ on treatments. Can't stomach another disappointment.
  • Expert-level knowledge curse: They know too much. Can poke holes in any approach. "But what about [obscure contradiction]?"
  • Social proof immunity: "Of course Karen lost her pain—she probably has ME/CFS, not real fibro"
  • Identity wrapped in suffering: Secret fear: "If this works, who am I without this struggle?"

Psychological Markers

  • Comparison shopping across 6 different practitioners/programs simultaneously
  • Detailed notes document titled "Why [Treatment] Won't Work For Me" with bullet points
  • Private messages to 4 different program creators asking hyper-specific questions they already know the answer to
  • Lurking in Facebook groups, never posting, just watching for the "gotcha" moment when someone's results don't last
  • Price sensitivity theater: They'll pay $200 if convinced, but they SAY "$50 is too much" as a defense mechanism

Emotional Arc

  1. Jaded optimism: "Okay, THIS one seems different..."
  2. Forensic analysis: "Let me find the flaw before I get hurt again"
  3. Debate prep: Mentally arguing with the sales page
  4. Comparison paralysis: "But what if [other thing] is better?"
  5. Rationalization: "I don't have time right now" (they have time)
  6. Return to familiar suffering: Didn't buy. Checks back in 3 months.

Language Cues

  • "I've tried something similar and it didn't work"
  • "What makes this different from [specific past treatment]?"
  • "I'm sure this works for SOME people, but my case is complicated"
  • "I need to see the actual research, not testimonials"
  • "How do I know this isn't just another [supplement/therapy/protocol] repackaged?"
  • "I'm going to think about it" (translation: I'm going to talk myself out of it)

The Offer That Cuts Through

"The Fibro Non-Responder Protocol: For People Who've Already Tried the 'Basics'"

Positioning strategy:

  • Acknowledge their expertise: "You already know about magnesium and sleep hygiene. This isn't that."
  • Differentiation through specificity: "This is for people who didn't respond to X, Y, Z" (name the specific things)
  • Veteran social proof: "73% of our clients had failed 5+ previous protocols"
  • Transparent mechanism: "Here's exactly WHY you didn't respond to [past treatment] and what we do differently"
  • Challenge their expertise gap: "You know a lot. But do you know why [specific technical thing]? That's the missing piece."
  • Refund based on effort, not results: "If you complete the protocol and track your symptoms, full refund—even if it doesn't work. We just want your data."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Supplements for Fibromyalgia: What the Evidence Says

 Best Supplements for Fibromyalgia: What the Evidence Says ## Target keywords Primary keyword: `best supplements for fibromyalgia` Secondary...